Image size problem/ resolution. What steps do i need to take, scanning pencil/pen line drawings???

AM
Posted By
aaron_mccormick
Nov 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
….Is there a standard setting that can just put your scanned image onto the screen at a solid 100% ‘image size’ every time, regardless of what your ppi, resolution is set at? (maybe mine is set too high?)…How do I scan a single small section of a drawing with high resolution without scanning extra information, such as what was around that image (other drawings, paper, scanner bed) and then blow it up?
Scanning with high ppi (300-600), one section from a drawing could be enlarged with image size adjustments, etc., but the computer seems to first be in the habit of putting a scanned image into whatever image size it wants to.. it is usually monsterously big (filling up the screen but still only at 18% or 66% or so) compared with what the computer can manipulate efficiently. Perhaps there is way that someone knows of, to make a scanned image just come out as 200% size on the screen (not necessarily in regard to actual inches/ centimeters of the drawing’s size) Then, considering the resolution looked sharp at this 200% , I could just shrink it down to 100% ( or some other comfortable size) Better yet, is there a way to transform file sizes too big, but having everything i want besides the right file size ,into smaller file sizes efficiently ? ( i use jpeg files only)
thanks for you help!, confused photoshop user.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections