LW
Posted By
laurie_warlick
May 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am quoting someone on removing the shine off her face in up to seven photographs. She will be supplying them on cd, I’m not sure what format. I plan to take all images into PS 7 to correct. Is there a faster way besides using the healing tool? thanks much!
Laurie

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jonf
May 20, 2004
It really depends on the individual photo. For small amounts of shine I normally use the clone tool. Select as your source an area near the shine with about the correct skin tine, set the brush mode to "darken" and carefully clone in a little skin value. If the shine areas are very large this might create some rather odd effects, though.
SS
Susan_S.
May 20, 2004
I prefer to clone onto a separate layer (set to darken mode if you want) and then fiddle with the layer opacity until the result looks natural – if you take off all the shine the results can look too flat, and dropping the opacity can help.
Susan S
TL
Tim_Lookingbill
May 20, 2004
I use curves zoomed in at 100% view.

IMO it just looks more natural. Cloning on fleshtones has always looked weird when I did it, but I’m just picky.

You can be very exacting with small moves in the enlarged Curves dialog box with the grid set to fine. You can locate exactly where the shine values are from the actual flesh. I got so exacting once that I could make the pores show up as if there was no light at all, but if the scan/digicam didn’t capture this data you won’t be able to get the same results.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections