well i know im stupid but can anyone help with moving layers?

P
Posted By
progress
Apr 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
got a layered file…got a background layer, got a layer set directly above that. I want to drag a layer above the layer set to below it, but no matter how i try it keeps dropping it into the layer set rather than below it…any ideas?

only solution so far, to move the layer set up and then put it back where i need it after moving the layer i want to move down…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DK
Doug_Katz
Apr 13, 2004
When you drag the layer above the set down, you want the grabber hand below AND TO THE LEFT OF THE SET FOLDER. If you drag straight down (directly under or under and to the right of the folder) the layer above will drop IN the set. To the left (i.e., "outside" the folder) will work as you wish.
SW
Scott_Weichert
Apr 14, 2004
also, close the layer set before draging. For some reason if the set is expanded it’s assumed you want to place layers inside it.
DK
Doug_Katz
Apr 14, 2004
Scott’s tip makes it easier… both visually and "manually." I tend to close the set when I’m doing what you’re asking about, just as Scott advises.

But even an open set won’t "consume" the layer you’re dragging from above IF you drag that layer down and to the extreme left of the layer name column. The key is where you RELEASE the dragged layer.
P
progress
Apr 14, 2004
ah…cool..cheers

figured the open bit out later, still couldnt suss where i should drop it afterwards…cheers 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections