W
Posted By
wizof103
Dec 31, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
We are in need of a software package or a remedy in Photoshop that will remove facial hair from an individual. We allow individuals to have facial hair, yet if they flee, we need to remove that facial hair, so that we will have an updated photo incase they shave on the run. I need to know if anyone has heard of such a software package or can tell me how this can be done in Photoshop. Thank you in advance.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

A
Art
Dec 31, 2007
Wiz:

There’s no shortcut to painting in stuff that wasn’t in the original photo. To paint in the face where the beard was, you’ll have to know or make up the outline that creates the shape of the face.

Other than that, here’s what I’d say. To remove a beard, start with the neck; use the eye dropper to sample the lighter colors and paint them up over where the beard is, then select the a couple darker, shadowed colors, and use plain old artistic skill to figure out where to paint the shadows in.

Same with the face; you’ve got the colors that are in the face already, so sample those and paint in the missing parts.

It’s easier where the beard is thinner and partially transparent. Select the darkest skin color that would be visible under the beard, switch to paint only LIGHTEN, then paint out the beard. Then select the lighter colors to touch up and shadow.

"wizof103" wrote in message
We are in need of a software package or a remedy in Photoshop that will remove facial hair from an individual. We allow individuals to have facial hair, yet if they flee, we need to remove that facial hair, so that we will have an updated photo incase they shave on the run. I need to know if anyone has heard of such a software package or can tell me how this can be done in Photoshop. Thank you in advance.

Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
FA
Frank Arthur
Dec 31, 2007
A DEPILATORY FILTER

We are in need of a software package or a remedy in Photoshop that will remove facial hair from an individual. We allow individuals to have facial hair, yet if they flee, we need to remove that facial hair, so that we will have an updated photo incase they shave on the run. I need to know if anyone has heard of such a software package or
can tell me how this can be done in Photoshop. Thank you in advance.
G
granny
Dec 31, 2007
a software package or
can tell me how this can be done in Photoshop.

Google is your friend! search "Forensic Art software" or go to: http://www.facescompositesoftware.com/

"Granny"
Old N Slow N Prefer Quick N Easy
J
Joel
Jan 1, 2008
wizof103 wrote:

I guess there is no specific software designed to deal with facial hair, and depending on the type of facial hair and Photoshop skill you should be able to use some very basic command’s (technique’s) to not just remove the Facial Hair but the Whole Head if you wish.

So the answer is YES, but how well you know Photoshop is another story. Or it can be pretty simple to very complex depending on how well you know Photoshop. Example

– You can use Clone Tool, Healing Tool’s, Duplicating command etc..

– You can use Paint tool on multiple LAYERS

Or those are very basic tools that most Photoshop users should know, or know how to adapt other technique to similar like Facial hair, Freckles, Scars, Damaged Skin etc..
W
Waterspider
Jan 1, 2008

You "allow" individuals to have facial hair??? My goodness, no wonder they flee.
TC
tony cooper
Jan 1, 2008
On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 02:13:24 -0800, "Waterspider" wrote:

You "allow" individuals to have facial hair??? My goodness, no wonder they flee.
I suspect that the OP works for a prison, and that fleeing is often a goal.

Tony Cooper – Orlando, Florida
W
Waterspider
Jan 1, 2008
"tony cooper" wrote in message

If I was running the prison, I’d concentrate more on preventing the fleeing than playing with Photoshop.
Seems to me, if you can’t keep "them" in custody you’re gonna have a hard time catching them after they escape.

Or… here’s a thought– keep all the inmates clean-shaven. I know, no razors allowed, but you could slather them with dilapitory cream every couple of days, or feed them hormones to make the facial hair fall out 😮
S
samandjanet
Jan 5, 2008
Waterspider wrote:

If I was running the prison, I’d concentrate more on preventing the fleeing than playing with Photoshop.
Seems to me, if you can’t keep "them" in custody you’re gonna have a hard time catching them after they escape.

Or… here’s a thought– keep all the inmates clean-shaven. I know, no razors allowed, but you could slather them with dilapitory cream every couple of days, or feed them hormones to make the facial hair fall out 😮

Or run a hot iron over their cheeks and chin when they first arrive. That’ll prevent those crafty inmates from growing a disguise.

How about this for a suggestion?
When inmates first arrive, when you’re procesing them, you shave them. Regardless of whether they want it or not. Shave them and take a photo of them, and put this photo in their records.
Then if they decide to grow facial hair, you photograph them again and add that to their file.
Any time they do anything that alters their appearance in your opinion, you photograph them and add that to their file.
Then, if that prisoner does decide to abscond, you have a library of images showing EXACTLY what they look like. Not what some software application thinks they might possibly look like based on extremely limited info.

Or is that too obvious?
W
Waterspider
Jan 5, 2008
"(not quite so) Fat Sam" wrote in

Or run a hot iron over their cheeks and chin when they first arrive. That’ll prevent those crafty inmates from growing a disguise.
When inmates first arrive, when you’re procesing them, you shave them. Regardless of whether they want it or not. Shave them and take a photo of them, and put this photo in their records.
Then if they decide to grow facial hair, you photograph them again and add that to their file.
Any time they do anything that alters their appearance in your opinion, you photograph them and add that to their file.
Then, if that prisoner does decide to abscond, you have a library of images showing EXACTLY what they look like. Not what some software application thinks they might possibly look like based on extremely limited info.

Or is that too obvious?
Because we’re guessing it’s the US prison system… yes 😉
S
samandjanet
Jan 5, 2008
Waterspider wrote:
"(not quite so) Fat Sam" wrote in

Any time they do anything that alters their appearance in your opinion, you photograph them and add that to their file. Then, if that prisoner does decide to abscond, you have a library of images showing EXACTLY what they look like. Not what some software application thinks they might possibly look like based on extremely limited info.

Or is that too obvious?
Because we’re guessing it’s the US prison system… yes 😉

LOL. Fair comment.
G
Gabe
Jan 31, 2008
What I do is a combination of using layers and digital makeup. You can use the airbrush to brush on facial colors (spot sampled from areas of the face sans hair). You can also clone areas that have no hair onto area that do not have hair and the healing brush works on some hair. Sometimes you need a combo of any or all of the mentioned ways. I then add some noise to airbrushed areas to match the original image and give a more natural picture grain.

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:32:49 -0800 (PST), wizof103
wrote:

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections