GS
Posted By
Gary_S_Barth
May 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What is the best way to accomplish batch processing on a hot folder basis? The goal is to apply the batch processing based on "in" & "out" folders in a 100% hands-off manner.

Thank you.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
Carl_Stawicki
May 13, 2004
AppleScript.
GS
Gary_S_Barth
May 13, 2004
I figured as much. We don’t have an applescript savvy person here, does anybody know where i may find one to accomplish this?

Thank you.
GS
Gary_S_Barth
May 13, 2004
oops, when I say "find one", I’m referring to a script, not a person!

thanks.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
May 14, 2004
I don’t know of a particular expert. Asking at macscripter.net would be a good idea. I have found them to be very helpful.

What you are referring to is called a "Folder Action". I could make them work in OS 9 but I haven’t gotten the knack to making them work in OS X. Basically you write a folder action script acording to certain parameters and attach it to the folder. It activates and does its processing on a save to or drag and drop to the folder.

There is info in Apple’s Help and on the Apple website but some info is a little too sketchy for novices like me. I’m sure it’s simple and someday soon I hope to put some time in and figure it out.

Here is a link to a simple folder action for OS 9 that I wrote (with help). <http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/lynx.html>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections