MT
Posted By
mexican_textiles
Mar 6, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I had a systems crash and after that I am unable to open Adobe Photoshop 7 , I use window xp home on a Pentium 4 Satellite 2435 toshiba notebook. When I right click on the Photshop icon and run I goes as far as "can´t find work space folder" , then it tells me to use preferences to unlock the folder.

I am unable to find any way to unlock. On this forum this same question was answered by going to Documents and Settings/users/adobe/ and to delete the preferences file. I have searched all the different folders and only found a Adobe Acrobat file.

Go lIve works, acrobate works and so does Image ready.

Does any one have more information about how to fix this problem, maybe the actual name of the preferencs file so I can search for it.

thanks

bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Mar 6, 2006
"mexican_textiles" wrote in message
I had a systems crash and after that I am unable to open Adobe Photoshop 7 , I use window xp home on a Pentium 4 Satellite 2435 toshiba notebook. When I right click on the Photshop icon and run I goes as far as "can
MT
mexican_textiles
Mar 7, 2006

1. when I double click ( left) on the icon or the Adobe Photoshop file
, it goes through the opening routing and then just goes away. the only way to get anywhere is to right click.
no my acount is not limitied
yes but the only thing that goes anywhere is current user with the protect my computer check box marked.

The program was open when the system just shut down, after that Photoshop would not open.
I will run a search od *.psp
thanks, I will let you know if I have any luck.
bob
MH
Mike Hyndman
Mar 7, 2006
"mexican_textiles" wrote in message
1. when I double click ( left) on the icon or the Adobe Photoshop file , it goes through the opening routing and then just goes away. the only way to get anywhere is to right click.
no my acount is not limitied
yes but the only thing that goes anywhere is current user with the protect my computer check box marked.

The program was open when the system just shut down,

That could have screwed your "prefs" file but I’ve never known a screwed PF prevent PS from opening. It would open, then strange things would start to happen
A favourite suspect for what you are seeing is a damaged font file, can you read the initialisation list that is displayed at the bottom of the welcome screen, where this list stops is usually a pointer to where the problem lies. Finding the problem font can be a PITA though.

after that
Photoshop would not open.
I will run a search od *.psp
thanks, I will let you know if I have any luck.

Please do.

Regards
Mike H

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections