CH
Posted By
corrian_homan
May 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just created a layered file in Photoshop CS which was only around 35mb and closed it, then I went to re-open it this error message appeared "Could not complete your request because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop"

This is obviously rediculous as I only just created the file with the same programme. I have tried everything to open it, this is about the 8th file it has done this to.

THIS IS SEROUS AS I’M LOSING VALUABLE TIME AND WORK…and also patience!

Please help me…thx

Corrie

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
May 10, 2004
Corrie,

See if post # 1 in the following linked thread applies:

Ramón G Castañeda "Could not open "file name" because it is not the right kind of document" 5/6/04 12:47pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>

If you are opening files over a network or saving them to a network server, cease and desist immediately. That’s a BIG no-no.

See:

Buko "Issues When Working from Networks or Removable Media" 3/23/03 11:02am </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>

and:

<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/19dd2.htm?code=TA>

Copy the CLOSED file from your server to your local HD, work on it, save it again to your HD, close it, and copy the closed file back to the server.
R
Ram
May 10, 2004

[DELETED accidental double post]
GB
g_ballard
May 10, 2004
May want to try opening in v7.

Also the normal maintenence…
<http://www.gballard.net/psd/troubleshootpurgepsd.html>
CH
corrian_homan
May 11, 2004
(using G4 mac Panther…photoshop CS)

Thx for all your suggestions, still having problems tho…

I was working from my desktop not over the network, so that’s not it.

I can force it to open in illustrator if i put .eps but it flattens my layers which is useless as my layers are individually laid out pages. I have also used Graphics converter but this does the same.

I don’t know if it’s related but I am getting those lines on my monitor like you suggested in one of your links, they don’t print but they happen before the file corrupts, how do I deal with this?

Thanks for your help
B
Buko
May 11, 2004
did you try ImageReady??
CH
corrian_homan
May 11, 2004
BUKO – You saint! It seems to have worked, It came up with an error saying and assertion error occurred but opened anyway – I’m sorry if that was an obvious solution, I’ve never used Imageready…thanks so much
CH
corrian_homan
May 11, 2004
Ah spoke too soon, the top severl layers are empty, only the lower layers have anything on them, any ideas? thx
B
Buko
May 11, 2004
BUKO – You saint!

Hmmm…

I’ve been called many things but never a Saint.

I kinda like the sound of that, Saint Buko.

BTW you are welcome, glad I could help.
B
Buko
May 11, 2004
Ah spoke too soon, the top several layers are empty, only the lower layers have anything on them, any ideas?

Does this mean I now have to forgo sainthood?

the file was mostlikely corrupted or damaged during the save. you probably should be glad you saved what you did. If I were you I would back up that drive and watch for other suspicious behavior. Your drive maybe going bad. It wouldn’t hurt to run Norton Utilities or DiskWarrior for OSX
C
cobraii
May 11, 2004
Your not alone. Many people have reported this problem that started with 8.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections