Posted By
Patricia_Monica
Apr 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all, I am new to this Forum. Using PS Elements and Photo Deluxe

I work with architectural 3D images and plans. I use the option "print to" –> PDF writer to create PDF files of the floorplans. They look great. However, I can’t do the same with the images. It seems to work, creates a PDF document but it is blank

In addition, when I print to PDF, how can I do to center the image in the paper?

Thank you in advance!

Patricia

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RB
Richard_Bosworth
Apr 30, 2005
On page 7 of Scott Kelby’s new Elements 3 book, in describing how to create a CD-jewel-box-sized contact sheet for your back ups, he instructs to choose Adobe PDF in the select printer pop-up menu. My system shows no such option as "Adobe PDF." Can anyone tell me how to add such an option? I have Acrobat 7 installed.Thanks in advance.
D
Danilewisccic
May 1, 2005
Patricia,

I’m no expert but this sounds like an Adobe Acrobat problem. You probably have version 5 or earlier because PDF Writer was discontinued in 6 – not sure whether it was added back in in 7. Haven’t got it yet. Anyway, you should be using Distiller rather than PDF Writer for images and anything other than black and white text. At least I do. There may be patches for 5 (drivers and such) but there is also an Acrobat forum; you should check it out. Since I don’t know your platform, here’s the main page: <http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html>

Richard,

your Acrobat (Adobe PDF) printer should show up in your printer selections, if not, I found this in the Acrobat forum: <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/321546.html>

Danielle
PM
Patricia_Monica
May 2, 2005
Danielle, thank you for your answer. However this is not my problem. I don’t use Acrobat. I use PS Elements and I print files using PDF writer as printer.

Any ideas?

TIA

Patricia
D
Danilewisccic
May 2, 2005
Patricia,

Are these images in the same document with your 3D floor plans? or are they separate? What kind of document are they in? ie Word or PowerPoint. etc.

Have you been able to ‘see’ the images in other print-to-PDF documents? You may need to update the postscript print drivers on your desktop.

Also, in the print window, there should be an advance button. In that is a ‘print as image’ – try that.

Is your PDF Writer from another company?

Danielle
PM
Patricia_Monica
May 2, 2005
Danielle,

Thank you for your answer.

I use Windows XP.

I use CAD, home design and rendering programs to elaborate my floorplans and 3D images. (Turbocad, Home Architect, etc)

I also have Adobe Photoshop Elements and Adobe Photo Deluxe. With both products the PDF writer appears as one pf my printers. So, when I elaborate a floorplan (say with Autocad), I choose Plot-> I select the Adobe PDF Writer as my printer-> The floorplan is converted in a PDF file
I tried to apply the same procedure when I render a 3D image (plot to-> PDF writer. The system seems to complete the process, but the PDF file is blank

I have not an advance button

Any idea?

Thank you again

Patricia
D
Danilewisccic
May 3, 2005
I’m stumped, Patricia, sorry.

Danielle
PV
Pat_Voss
May 24, 2005
I am also having the same problem…or the same question. Did you get an answer from anyone? I am trying to do the same thing you are.
MD
malcolm_denton
May 26, 2005
I may have completely misunderstood your requirements,but in the June issue of Shutterbug magazine,mention was made of a Windows product that allowed printing of pdf files from PSE. Details are on www.pdf995.com. No harm in looking.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections