Posted By
duff
May 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hello
I made a selection with the markee tool. how can I make it into a texture so that I can fill a larger area with that same texture?
i’m using PS 5

also, does anyone kno wher I can find high resolution backgrunds to use for print? Bakgrounds such as textures or cool paterns

please
duff

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

T
Todie
May 7, 2004
Use the "Offset" filter (under "Other") set to "Wrap Around" and clone the seams.
D
duff
May 7, 2004
thanks but missing a few steps there
please explain?
T
Todie
May 7, 2004
I made a selection with the markee tool

….Copy, Command+n, OK, Paste, Filter>Other>Offset 100 tab 100 (or best) Wrap Around, clone seams, Edit>Define Pattern.
D
duff
May 10, 2004
hello
thank you but I don’t think this is the same for PS 5.5
I do not have the tab you mentin and I do not have clone seams and when I try to ‘difine pattern’ it is grayed out.

any other ideas please?
duff
T
Todie
May 10, 2004
Sorry! I was trying to be as succinct as possible (for clarity), and it didn’t work.

"Tab" is a key on the left side of the keyboard (above "caps lock": )

"Clone seams" is what you should do, with the clone tool, after applying the Offset filter. The seams will show on both the horizontal and the vertical.
(depending on the nature of your image, you may have to look hard, but I promise you that they’ll be there)

If "define pattern" is grayed, Command+a (Select All) first.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections