S
Posted By
spjones
May 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What is the official word (from Adobe, I presume) about the compatibility between PS 7.1 and Panther (10.3.x)? I can find nothing specific on this subject anywhere on this site. (If someone knows where this info is, please provide an address.)

Is anyone else running 7.1 successfully with Panther? What little I’ve found in this forum regarding 7.1/Panther seems to indicate problems. I’m currently running 7.1 with no problems on Jaguar (10.2.8), but want to make sure it will work when I upgrade to Panther.

Thanks in advance for any insight anyone is able to provide.

Steve
West Lafayette, IN

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GP
Graham_Phillips
May 5, 2004
It works fine. (7.0.1 that is, not 7.1.)
P
Phosphor
May 5, 2004
Steve…

Be aware, though, that if you have any 3rd-party plugins that haven’t been specifically ported for OS X, that they won’t work unless you launch Photoshop 7.0.1 in the Classic OS environment.

That’s how I’ve been working, and it’s just fine. (10.3.3/9.2.2)
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 5, 2004
As Phosphor says.

But it is worth installing two copies of Photoshop 7.0.1 on your computer (yes, with the SAME serial number amazingly) with one set-up to launch in Classic and the other in 10.3.3.

Then you can run in Classic if you need old plug-ins and have the best of both worlds.

You might also consider getting the CS upgrade to run in OSX.
VR
Victoria_Ramsden
Sep 2, 2004
Hey Phosphor!

I have been experiencing the above problems…..don’t want to seen dumb but how do you install P/Shop 7.0.1 for Classic on OSX?
R
Ram
Sep 2, 2004
Install it in OS X. Then highlight the application icon, do a Get Info on it (Command I), then check the "Open in the Classic environment" box. Done.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections