RM
Posted By
Russell_Martin
Jun 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Everything was working just fine before I installed Panther. Now, Import is grayed out and if I open Import by opening a new window first, nothing is there except Annotations. This is curious because the Plug-ins for both SilverFast Ai 6.0 and Epson Twain are in there. By the way, I’m using Photoshop CS, an Epson Perfection 4870 scanner, a firewire cable, and I have a G4 based computer with plenty of RAM and hard drive space. I also did clean reinstals for both the Epson drivers and Photoshop CS after removing everything related to both. I’m at a total loss about what to do now! I really hope that someone out there can help me out.

Russ Martin

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
CygnusX1
Jun 18, 2004
You did a clean OSX install, and re-installed the Adobe applications, and then re-installed the Epson driver ?

If you can’t access the scanner I would look for the latest driver from Epson and I do know that LaserSoft has SilverFast Ai 6 updates for Panther.
You will need a username/password and serial number for the SFAi6 updates. Before you install the Panther updates of SF, I would delete all the other SF files, plugins launcher etc. and then install the new version for Panther.
K
khz
Jun 18, 2004
Compatibility with Panther and SilverFast for the Epson Perfection scanner

Make sure you download the latest version, because older versions are not compatible with Photoshop CS and Panther.

You can download the latest version for free after you have registered your copy of SilverFast and received a password for download. A demo to try out compatibilty can be downloaded here:

http://www.silverfast.com/sf-download/demo/en.html

See also version history under:
http://www.silverfast.com/show/history/en.html
MM
Margaret_McGlynn
Aug 3, 2004
I’ve noticed that now that I have Panther, my Photoshop also has the Twain grayed out, and the Mac OS native Image Capture program is the only way to get my scanner to scan anything. I miss scanning through Photoshop and Twain. Like the person who originally posted this forum, I found the appropriate driver, installed it, and no dice. Photoshop CS still will not show me my good ole Twain.

Please help.

Thanks! –Margaret
B
Buko
Aug 3, 2004
Since switching over to OSX I do all of my scanning in a separate application than Photoshop. this way I can still work in PS while I’m scanning. I have found this to be a much better way to work.
MM
Margaret_McGlynn
Aug 3, 2004
Which application do you use, Buko?

–Margaret
B
Buko
Aug 3, 2004
I’m using an app called VuScan just because of the scanner I use. An old Umax Astra 1200s. If I had a newer scanner I would most likely use the software that came with the scanner.

You can fine VuScan at <http://www.hamrick.com>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections