N
Posted By
nytrashman7618
Mar 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
have just upgraded from OSX 10.2.8 to 10.3.2 (panther) and just noticed something differant in PSE 2. when working on an image in 10.2.8 (jaguar) i could resize the canvas to add a frame and use f9 to bring up layer styles. in Panther when i hit f9 the screen goes dark and the tool bar and pallette dissapears leaving just the image itself on the screen. the image is not darkend at all, just the screen. it does make seeing the image and the changes i have made easier but i miss f9 to bring up layer styles. anyone notice this when switching from jaguar to panther?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MR
Mark_Reibman
Mar 7, 2004
George,

When you hit F9 you are activating Expose, a new feature in 10.3. Try f10 and f11 and you will see how Expose works. If you hit the button again it will return to normal screen. I don’t know that you will be able to regain the use of f9 for use with Elements. Go to your System preferences and select Expose. You can change the keys used for the three functions of Expose. That might free up f9 for use as a Elements function.

I just ran a test and my f9 does bring up the Layer Styles palette. I have changed my Expose keys to command, option and control (on the right side of my space bar) so you can get your f9 key back.

F9, as used by Expose, brings all the windows forward of a specific application and darkens everything else. It would be useful in Elements if you’ve got a bunch of windows open and you want them all front and center to see what you’ve got.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections