UR
Posted By
User_Research
Oct 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
We are currently arranging site visits in the San Francisco Bay Area and San Diego County to gather feedback from people who edit video with their computers. The site visits would be at your convenience in the place where you edit your videos, and would take 2 hours of your time. You would be asked to show and describe various aspects of your work with videos — we’ll be learning from you about the kinds of things you do and the issues you encounter. As thanks for your participation, you will receive $75 if you are chosen and are able to participate in the visits.

We are especially interested in interviewing participants who are younger (high school or college student) or older (retired).

If you are interested, please copy the questionnaire (below) into email and send your response to . We will contact you, if you are selected for the study.

——start of questionnaire——–

1. Do you own a digital video camera? [yes, no, don’t know]

If ‘yes’ to question 1:

1a. What kind of video camera(s) do you currently own?

1b. How often do you use your video camera? [daily, weekly, monthly, less than monthly, several times year, never]

2. How many video projects have you done in the last 12 months?

3. Please describe some of these video projects. (Please note whether these projects were for personal or work use)

4. Do you edit your videos using your computer? [yes, no, don’t know]

If ‘yes’ to question 4:

4a. What OS and version do you use on this computer? [Mac OS X, Windows XP, etc.]

4b. What software do you use to edit your videos?

4c. Describe your hardware setup for producing your videos.

4d. What type of editing do you do with your videos?

5. Which phrase below *best* describes your involvement with video editing:

a. I am a full-time professional video editor.

b. I have received significant monetary compensation for some of the videos I’ve produced, but do not make a living producing videos.

c. I have received monetary compensation once or twice for some of the videos I’ve produced, but do not make a living producing videos.

d. I produce videos for my own or other people’s pleasure, but have never received monetary compensation for them.

e. I want to produce videos, but have not been able to do this yet. (If so, please explain why)

f. I just want to record memories with my video camera, and do not plan to ‘produce’ videos (i.e. make videos with different scenes, effects, etc.)

6. What is your current occupation? (please include if you are retired or a student)

7. Do you have a degree in graphics or a video-related field? Please describe.

8. What city and state do you live in?

9. What phone number can we use to contact you during the day?

10. How old are you? [<19, 20-29, 30-49, 50-59, 60+ years]

11. What is your gender? (Male, Female)

12. Do you own a digital (still) camera?

13. If so, what brand and model of camera do you own?

14. How many digital images do you have on your computer or CDs?

15. (Last question!) What software have you used before with your videos and/or digital photos? Please list all software and indicate your skill level with it (1=novice and 5=expert)

——End of questionnaire——

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections