Posted By
Joe Laut
May 26, 2012
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
CS6 Video Editing talking issues

For me CS6 was installed and run with no problems on a fast desk computer with lots of memory – just as all the previous versions did. Unless you are pre-occupied with your Masks and Blending Modes perhaps you have opinions on CS6 Video editing and issues in CS6 such as:

CS6 gets confused about dates and times on video files.

Unable to open (some of) my old video files in spite of the fact that they do open in three (3) other (NON- Adobe) applications. So one has to either open and save in one of those before using CS6. Others have the same problem.

There is no CS6 user manual yet. I’m told it can not be done until the program is done.

Who knows what a .m4v file is?

Can you recover from frame animation etc.?

Video editing is an undocumented and sluggish part of CS6 with lots of room for upgrades.

I dare you to ‘discover’ how and where to save your edited video file in CS6. (Hint – it can be done.)

j

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

S
Savageduck
May 27, 2012
On 2012-05-26 16:57:43 -0700, Joe Laut said:

<<< Le Snip >>

Information is just a search away!:
< http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4V >

Regards,

Savageduck
JL
Joe Laut
May 27, 2012
On Sat, 26 May 2012 17:02:47 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

<<< Le Snip >>

We all know that but what does this apple format have to do with a PC in this context – period.
S
Savageduck
May 27, 2012
On 2012-05-26 17:08:57 -0700, Joe Laut said:

On Sat, 26 May 2012 17:02:47 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

<<< Le Snip >>

We all know that but what does this apple format have to do with a PC in this context – period.

Apparently, judging from your question you didn’t know what an .m4v was. Otherwise why ask?
You never brought up the fact that you lived in a "PeeCee" World in your question. You made an assumption that everybody here understands that you are a "PeeCee" user.

Even then .m4v is a useful file format for use on mobile iOS devices as well as distribution via iTunes.
Some "PeeCee" users own, and use iOS devices.

I use "Handbrake" on my Mac to convert videos/DVDs to .mv4 for use on iPhone and/or iPad.

Regards,

Savageduck

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections