EM
Posted By
Eric_Matthes
Oct 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello everyone. I am trying to print a number of separate files for students at school. Right now I am sending each file to the printer individually. Is there a faster way to do this? I don’t want to bother moving them all to one file, I want to keep them as separate files. We use Windows 2000 Pro. Thank you.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 21, 2003
Eric, unfortunately I don’t quite understand the question! 🙁

When you say "files", are you referring to image files? Like more than one picture per 8 X 10 sheet? Or are you referring to something else? The part where you say you want to keep them as separate files is what’s throwing me.
EM
Eric_Matthes
Oct 21, 2003
They are separate images, each in their own file. I want to print one image per sheet. Basically, I want to highlight a number of files in a folder and send them all to the printer. Hope this clarifies the question.
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 21, 2003
OK, so what you’re really asking for is a Batch type feature, and the answer is no, there isn’t anything like that in Elements. Sorry. It would be a good feature request, though, and it’s possible somebody has asked for it already, because this question has come up before. You might want to check out Irfanview, which is a freeby piece of Win software. It might have that capability, and it would handle image files created in Elements. Being a Mac user, I haven’t ever checked it out; I just know it comes highly recommended for a lot of printing jobs that Elements doesn’t handle with as much flexibility.
EM
Eric_Matthes
Oct 21, 2003
Thank you Beth. This is what I thought after reading the Adobe help files, and looking at all the print dialogs. Any idea if full Photoshop does this?
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 21, 2003
No, Eric, I don’t know about full Photoshop. I kind of think not, but I may be wrong. Chuck, Jodi, and a couple of others on the forum also have PS, so maybe you’ll get a specific answer a little later.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Oct 21, 2003
PS doesn’t either.
Unless one can make an action that will print them, but I rather doubt that, as that needs interaction with print driver dialogue, a souce external to the program.

Mac
EM
Eric_Matthes
Oct 21, 2003
One more thought on this. For word processing documents, like MS Word, you can select a group of files, and right click > print. I wonder if you can do this with PSE?
DS
Dick_Smith
Oct 21, 2003
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:23:55 -0700, wrote:

One more thought on this. For word processing documents, like MS Word, you can select a group of files, and right click > print. I wonder if you can do this with PSE?
I just tried it with three .psd images. Chose the three from Windows Explorer, right clicked and chose "print".

Photoshop elements opened first with an accompanying printer dialog box for each image.

Dick

Using M2, Opera’s revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
BB
brent_bertram
Oct 21, 2003
You might try <http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/> and their program Qimage Pro. They have a free download , I believe. It is a very functional printing program that might be able to help you out. In Elements you might try building a slideshow from the images and then printing them all from the pdf file using Acrobat reader ( roundabout way, I know <G> ).

🙂

Brent
NS
Nancy_S
Oct 21, 2003
Eric,

You are probably doing this, but in case not…

at least you can at one sitting send each to the printer and they will go into a que and print one right after the other.
EM
Eric_Matthes
Oct 21, 2003
I have tried sending each to the printer, but the queue gets pretty slow after one or two files have been sent. I’ll play around with some of these ideas, because this issue is going to keep coming up this school year. I’ll let you all know if I find an effective solution. Thank you!
MM
Michael Moody
Oct 22, 2003
Eric, try this. Not exactly a batch, but pretty fast.

File, browse
Ctrl -A to select all in the folder
double click on the first file to open all
File, print (or use the Print icon)

As each file starts to print, close it by clicking the "X" in the UR corner, and
File Print the next one.

This keeps the print queue from getting too large, and the printing continues steadily.

wrote in message
Hello everyone. I am trying to print a number of separate files for
students at school. Right now I am sending each file to the printer individually. Is there a faster way to do this? I don’t want to bother moving them all to one file, I want to keep them as separate files. We use Windows 2000 Pro. Thank you.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections