How can I combine two files for double-sided printing?

TH
Posted By
Terra Hopper
Sep 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to using Photoshop. I want to print a different image on each side of my paper, however, instead of printing one side, flipping the page, selecting a different photo, and printing the other side, I’d like to be able to select both images and send them both to the printer. This’ll allow me to let the printer do the flipping for me. How do I do it?

Thanks in advance,
Terra Hopper

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Sep 13, 2003
You can’t in Photoshop alone.

Duplex (double-sided) printing is the province of page-layout software.

What other applications do you have available? InDesign? QuarkXPress? PageMaker? Freehand? or, (Joe help us…)the MS Office suite?

In order to dispel with the manual drugery of Print/Flip Paper/Print, you’ll need to import the images into another application.
LL
Larry Ligon
Sep 13, 2003
What kind of printer will flip it for you?

Larry

"Terra Hopper" wrote in message
I’m new to using Photoshop. I want to print a different image on each side of my paper, however, instead of printing one side,
flipping the page, selecting a different photo, and printing the other side, I’d like to be able to select both images and send them
both to the printer. This’ll allow me to let the printer do the flipping for me. How do I do it?
Thanks in advance,
Terra Hopper
P
Phosphor
Sep 13, 2003
" What kind of printer will flip it for you?"
Any printer that advertizes itself as "double-sided" or "duplex" capable.

Common in higher-end laser printers.
P
Phosphor
Sep 14, 2003
Terra,

I have a printer with duplex capabilities and did devote some time to figuring it out–here’s my take on it:

I got so befuddled in the process that it makes a lot more sense for me to print one side with one file and then flip the paper and choose the other file to print the backside.

If I’m going to print more than one page—I print all of side one and then reinsert and print all of the back side.

For me, as a person trying to learn about all this technology—many times the "manual" system is so much more time efficient. Remember the KISS method—keep it simple "stupid"—I live by that.

Patty

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections