Posted By
jennifer_k_lawrence
Apr 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
mac os 9.2 in photoshop 9.0
when I open certain psd files- the text is there-but there is an "!" in the layer pallete next to the text. I get a message saying there are missing fonts, even though the words are showing in the correct font (bradley hand font)
it’s greyed out on the pull down menu so I can’t redo it and save it again. what do I do??

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Apr 29, 2004
mac os 9.2 in photoshop 9.0

??? Photoshop 9? Hope you mean either Photoshop 7.0.1 (it can’t be Photoshop 8 (CS) since you’re not on OS X). Is that plain Mac OS 9.2 or 9.2.2?

It sounds like your font is corrupted, missing or unactivated, or maybe you have duplicate fonts.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 29, 2004
Is this a Type 1 PS font? And are you sure that you have both the screen and the outline fonts on your system?
JK
jennifer_k_lawrence
Apr 29, 2004
OOPS!
I meant photoshop 6.0
honestly, i don’t know if it’s a type 1 ps font…how do I find that out? I don’t think I ever downloaded it..I think it’s always been on my computer-it’s always worked worked fine…these are docs that I successfully created a while ago(meaning I had no problems with it, and it’s just been saved on my computer) and a font I use regularly, so I don’t understand what could cause it to suddenly be missing. I recently went through my files to back up, and out of the blue, this happened when I opened it
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 29, 2004
Find the font and single-click on it to select it. Then Cmd i (to get information).

If it is a PostScript Type 1, the info. will tell you that it either a "suitcase" or an "outline": you need to have both parts present in the same location on your HD.

Fonts can also become corrupt and the best thing, in that case, is to re-install them.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections