Posted By
Paul_F_Woodward
Jan 4, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
I’m doing some print work for a client whos already working with a specific printer. The thing is, the printing company claims that they need fonts embedded in the piece but also need it in a PSD file format. I tried saving it as a PDF with embedded fonts and then resaving as a psd but that didn’t work. Is the printer just crazy? It doesn’t matter where I search or what reference I check, there doesn’t seem to be a way to do this. Any ideas?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
chrisjbirchall
Jan 4, 2007
Is the printer just crazy?

Aren’t they all? 😉

Whatever he says , I reckon he means PDF
PF
Paul_F_Woodward
Jan 4, 2007
Thats what I thought too, so I asked twice. No such luck. I was going to just send her the artwork along with the fonts, but of course I’m not having any luck getting the fonts on to a CD. And yes, they are all crazy, as far as I’ve seen.
C
chrisjbirchall
Jan 4, 2007
I’m not having any luck getting the fonts on to a CD.

<lateral thinking mode> Why not send a PDF and a PSD, and let them pick the bones as they see fit? </ltm>
DM
Don_McCahill
Jan 4, 2007
Basically, you can’t embed fonts in a PDF. Send a jpg at 72 dpi. That’ll keep ’em happy.
SF
Scott_Falkner
Jan 4, 2007
You certainly can embed fonts in a PDF. It’s one of the benefits of hte format. PHOTOSHOP can’t, and outlines the fonts instead.
AB
Arnor Baldvinsson
Jan 4, 2007
Hi Don,

Basically, you can’t embed fonts in a PDF. Send a jpg at 72 dpi. That’ll keep ’em happy.

You can embed fonts in PDF, not PSD.

Arnor Baldvinsson
San Antonio, Texas

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections