MS
Posted By
Martin_S_Ward
Apr 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve just started using Photoshop CS and am having some trouble with paths. I quite often work using a layer of paths always visible as a cutter guide. Since using CS I have found that any commands such as transform relate to the visible paths rather than the layer regardless of what tool is selected. Using the bounding box seems to get round this but backspace will still not delete a selection, instead choosing to delete the path. Does anybody know of a way around this?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Apr 27, 2004
deselect the path.
HC
Henri_Clement
Apr 28, 2004
No, I am like Martin : this is a tremendous drawback. This used to work fine on PS 7 : you could use a path all the time to perform acurate transformation using the path as a guideline – or a template. This was VERY useful. There is no real reason to change this, there is no reason to have the path transform or delete if you dont have a path tool active. I hope this will soon be corrected back to the way it was on PS 7 on the next version.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections