J
Posted By
jeep1011
Mar 13, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need some help…I drew a path using the pen tool, and accidentally stroked the path. I am unable to step backwards and correct the problem. Will I have to re-draw the path? Or is there a way to set the stroke for a path to ‘0’?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

I
iehsmith
Mar 14, 2006
On 3/13/06 3:49 PM, jeep1011 commented:

I need some help…I drew a path using the pen tool, and accidentally stroked the path. I am unable to step backwards and correct the problem. Will I have to re-draw the path? Or is there a way to set the stroke for a path to ‘0’?

Wonder why you can just Undo?… How many Undos do you have set in Preferences?..

Anyway…

Highlight the Stroke in the Appearance palette and click the Trash can at bottom right to delete it. If you can’t find the Appearance palette select in the Window menu.

Or, look for the Color palette, there should be a tab for Stroke, enter 0 in the Weight field; or select the stroke color and then select none (white box with red slash).
I
iehsmith
Mar 14, 2006
Sorry, I’m an idiot and gave you Illustrator instructions.

You can go backward in you History palette.
Or, Save the path in the Paths palette, then just erase or delete the stroke or the layer it’s on.
T
Tacit
Mar 14, 2006
In article ,
"jeep1011" wrote:

When you stroke a path, you essentially tell Photoshop to take a paintbrush and paint along the path. This actually paints in the image just exactly as if you had painted yourself using the paintbrush by hand. Once you have saved the image and re-opened it, you can not "undo" the stroke. You can throw the path away, but it will not accomplish anything; you have still painted in the image.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com
D
Dizzy
Mar 25, 2006
I assume your history is gone by now (you closed the file). If not open history palette and backtrack. If yes, then the layer or mask that was active when you stroked the path is damaged. Sorry bro, but the only way to fix this is trough use of manual labor (depending on the kind of damage and the content of this layer, it may or may not be salvageable)

On 13 Mar 2006 13:49:14 -0800, "jeep1011"
wrote:

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections