Posted By
aluxelocochon
Apr 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I am trying to sroke a path to create a dotted outline in a shape. the problem is that after I create the shape/path and I go to the paths palette and click on its menu the "stroke path" option is grey and not available. Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Aluxe

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AR
Andy Ronmalon
Apr 1, 2005
wrote in message
Hi,

I am trying to sroke a path to create a dotted outline in a shape. the problem is that after I create the shape/path and I go to the paths palette and click on its menu the "stroke path" option is grey and not available. Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Aluxe

It all depends on whether you are trying to create and shape or a path. They are different animals in many respects. You cannot stroke a shape unless you use the stroke blending option. A path can be stroked. To create a path click on the new path option in the path pallet, draw your path. There should be nothing on the screen but a vector path (if it is automatically filling in the color you know you have made a shape). Make sure you are on a clean layer and then you can stroke and fill to your heart’s content. Oh yeah, and make sure the tool you want to stroke with is selected (e.g. the paintbrush)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections