MP
Posted By
Michael_Palumbo
May 10, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using the mouse to do small movements in Transform will usually make jumps bigger than necessary. Is there a way to use the keyboard to make small incremental moves?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
May 11, 2005
Use the arrow keys to move one pixel at a time, with the move tool active and a layer highlighted and/or a selection. Use Shift plus arrow keys to move 10 pixels at a time.
MP
Michael_Palumbo
May 11, 2005
That works for movements, but as soon as the move tool is clicked, the Transform is unselected. I’ve been trying to figure out a way to do small adjustments in Transform without using the mouse.
C
Corey
May 11, 2005
Also, in the Transform Tool Bar at the top of your screen, you can place your cursor in any field and use your arrow keys. For instance, if you want to rotate the image ever so slightly, just place your cursor in the "Set Rotation" field and nudge the value up or down. Again, SHFT will increase the rate of turn.

Peadge 🙂

wrote in message
Use the arrow keys to move one pixel at a time, with the move tool active
and a layer highlighted and/or a selection. Use Shift plus arrow keys to move 10 pixels at a time.
Y
YrbkMgr
May 11, 2005
Hit Ctrl-T for transform and use the option bar at the top – or zoom in ridiculously close.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
May 11, 2005
I overlooked the fact that you were using Transform. As YrbkMgr says, you can use the option bar. Change a value by the number of pixels desired.
Y
YrbkMgr
May 11, 2005
And using shift with the arrow keys, you change the values in increments of 10.
MP
Michael_Palumbo
May 11, 2005
Whoa! All this time and I never noticed the option bar for Transforms. Thanks! This could change my life.

MP
D
deebs
May 11, 2005
<envy>
I wish I could be so easily pleased
</envy>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections