Posted By
loch71
May 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greetings Photoshop users

This is my first post as I’ve been having a problem with my new Copy of CS2. I previously used PhotoShop 5 which had particular shortcuts which I have been using for years now but since purchasing CS2 I cannot use these shortcuts? I’ve explored the edit Shortcuts route but alas it doesn’t let me change any of the shortcuts and some of them are not even listed.

The particular shortcuts I liked to use before in PS5:

Ctrl + Arrows to move the object/layer 1 pixel

Ctrl + Shft + Arrows to move the object/layers 10 pixels

Delete button to clear

I have also noticed that when I’m tusing text the arrows key don’t work to move the cursor. It only types a percentage sign and & sign etc.

Is this something to do with my keyboard? I’ve updated drivers for this but it still doesn’t work. I’ve also bought a new keyboard and still nothing is working.

I can’t seem to see the Nudge 1 pixel option in the keyboard shortcuts menu. When I do the grid appears.

Can anyone help with this. I feel that I’m not getting the most out of my new software

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
May 17, 2008
do a forum search for cs2 keyboard shortcuts.

you may have bought a pirated version.
L
loch71
May 17, 2008
I’ve tried that but none of the info helped. How do I know if this a pirated copy? I bought this from an Official Software company on Amazon.co.uk. It was shrink wrapped and in a perfect box. If this the case I’m gonna be mad and will feel rather stupid. I paid £270 for this
DM
dave_milbut
May 17, 2008

d. How do I know if this a pirated copy?

call adobe and verify the serial #. the pirate copies usually say "made in singapore" on them.

I bought this from an Official Software company on Amazon.co.uk.

but not FROM amazon.co.uk?

ok the long story shortly…
there were reports of this getting into the distribution channel where legit co’s were buying it from pirates (unknowingly).

they were pirated right off the singapore prod line. they’re shrinkwrapped with full color manuals and go for a couple hundred, but still less than the full (current) version.

you can’t buy cs2 now from normal resellers as cs3’s been out over a year.
L
loch71
May 17, 2008
Thanks for the help. It says "Made in USA" on the bar code sticker.

I’ll call Adobe and find out what’s happening?
DM
dave_milbut
May 17, 2008
how about on the disc?

I’ll call Adobe and find out what’s happening?

that’s the sure way.
L
loch71
May 17, 2008
Hi Dave

The disc says "Made In Singapore". I’m really annoyed by this. Thanks again for all your help

Stevie
DM
dave_milbut
May 17, 2008
you’re best bet is to explain to the seller (who may not know he’s been scammed too) and ask him for a refund or exchange for a legit version (if he has or can get one). if he won’t budge, i’d dispute the charge with my credit card co.

my advice is to contact adobe first to make sure.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections