S
Posted By
Stovo
Jan 19, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Any key combination that also involves simultaneously pressing the alt and shft keys freezes Photoshop CS4 on my WinXP laptop. Is this a known bug or peculiar to my system? Killing all unnecessary processes running in the background doesn’t help, so it doesn’t seem to be a software conflict. Other than remapping all the relevant shortcut keys is there anyway to solve this problem?

And how would I go about remapping the ctrl + shf + alt + e key combo. I’ve looked for it in under Edit\Keyboard Shortcuts\Layer but can’t seem to locate it.

Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 19, 2009
I heard of another person having a similar problem, and they tracked it to a system control panel that was monitoring (and eating) keystrokes.
S
Stovo
Jan 20, 2009
Thanks for the tip Chris. Yes, it seems to be a software conflict after all. Running Photoshop in Safe Mode (something that should have occcured to me earlier), the alt – shft problem disappears. Now it’s just a matter of trying to isolate the culprit. Once I’ve found it, I’ll post the solution.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jan 27, 2009
Check to see if your video driver is monitoring for hotkeys. If you have nVidia driver, disable screen rotation.
G
Gener
Jan 27, 2009
Michael,

That exact same thing is going on with the intel 965 driver also. In my case,it disabled the esc key when I launched CS4. I have to disable either the hotkeys or screen rotation.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections