EC
Posted By
Ed_Croteau
Sep 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can’t get the sliders at the bottom of the Blending Style dialog box to separate like they should when holding down the OPTION key (Mac; PC is ALT). Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Ed

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DK
Doug_Katz
Sep 27, 2006
You’re pressing the option key before clicking and dragging the slider handle?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Sep 27, 2006
That was my thought. If you are moving the slider before pressing Option it won’t split.
EC
Ed_Croteau
Sep 27, 2006
Thanks for the replies. Actually, I’ve tried all combinations of pressing option including before clicking. No luck … just tried again. Are there any layer type restrictions ? Should I be using a certain blending style other than normal in the layers pallette ?

Ed
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Sep 27, 2006
I couldn’t find any way to make it NOT work on my system, other than sliding before splitting. You might consider trashing (resetting) preferences.
EC
Ed_Croteau
Sep 27, 2006
No luck after trashing PS preferences. But, I did realize that my problem is not with the slider, it’s the actual OPTION key itself. Photoshop does not seem to be recognizing it at all, such as with the zoom tool (no change to minus sign).

I’ve checked in keyboard viewer and the system recognizes the option key as being pressed but it doesn’t seem to be working correctly.

Any ideas ?

Thanks again,

Ed
B
Bernie
Sep 27, 2006
Have you tried the other option key? (assuming you have an extended keyboard)
EC
Ed_Croteau
Sep 27, 2006
Yes, neither key works …
EC
Ed_Croteau
Sep 27, 2006
Ok, now I’ve found that CONTROL-OPTION-H (hide others) does work but still the zoom tool and slider tools do not work. Very strange …
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 27, 2006
Check your System Preferences for conflicting shortcuts.

System Preferences/Keyboard & Mouse/Keyboard Shortcuts (particularly under Universal Access).

and also in:
System Preferences/Spotlight
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Sep 27, 2006
Have you tried a different keyboard? To find out if it’s the keyboard or the computer.

I had a situation once where a few letters wouldn’t type. Turned the keyboard upside down and shook it and a whole bunch of crumbs fell out. Kids snacking at the keyboard, which they are NOT supposed to do.
EC
Ed_Croteau
Sep 27, 2006
Thanks … but no luck. I tried another keyboard (iMac G5), checked universal access – nothing set, spotlight has normal key commands, other sys prefs correct, reset Photoshop keyboard shortcuts to default, still the same problem.

The strange part is that if I right now type opt-g then I get this "©" which is correct. Also, if I hit option-command-s I get the Save As … dialog box. But it doesn’t work for zoom or the sliders in the blending box.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections