MF
Posted By
Martin_Feldman
Apr 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My Epson 2450 scanner which called up Classic mode in OSX 10.1.2 no longer works since I installed Panther (10.3). Epson informed me that the only Epson scanner drivers for 10.3 come with their newer scanners and are not sold separately! My only present workaround is to boot in OS9 to use the 2450 using their Smart Panel and Twain5 and then reboot and open the scanned image in Photoshop. Their technician implied that in Photoshop 7 or CS one can "call" my (or any Twain-using?)scanner through an import function to initiate a Twain scan and then work on it in the open Photoshop program. If this IS possible, it would save many awkward steps. Has anyone heard of this or gotten it to work?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

T
T._C.
Apr 16, 2004
Yes, File> Import> Epson Twain 5. Right or wrong I dunno but that’s how I use my 2450.

Tracy C.
L
LRK
Apr 16, 2004
Martin: Click on this Link < http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_ UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14558&infoType=Downloads> and scroll down for the updated driver for OSX.

[edited]
MF
Martin_Feldman
Apr 16, 2004
I had tried that but the import window had no twain 5 selection in it. I even added twain5 to the photoshop plug-in folder but it still does not appear. There has to be something simple I am missing. I am using Photoshop 7 which opens in OSX and I have the twain update installed!
MF
Martin_Feldman
Apr 16, 2004
I had already downloaded Epson update 10952 and installed it per the instructions. Despite this when I click the Smart Panel icon to call the scanner, classic loads and I am dead in the water with a "scanner not found on the bus" message. I am really interested in getting Smart Panel to stay in OSX. Is there a setting to do this. I even reinstalled my scanner software, installed the 10952 driver and still the Smart Panel goes to OS9. Is there any other way to call up the scanner and stay in OS 10.3?
GB
g_ballard
Apr 16, 2004
Install the Epson sorftare from the original CD.
This installs the following files which, I recall, the download doesn’t:

HD> Library> Application Support> Epson: EPSON FW Scanner & EPSON USB Scanner

Then trash the old Epson and install the new…

I recommend installing the Silverfast (download latest) that came with your 2450.

Make sure you test with all other FW cables unhooked.

PS: I’m emailing you the folder/drivers, drop the Epson folder in App Supp (noted above) — good luck.
MF
Martin_Feldman
Apr 17, 2004
G

Thank you for your prompt and enlightening advice (and mailing). I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections