Posted By
irabronson
May 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello.
I have seen the PDF of the list of keyboard shortcuts and I still have a few questions/needs.

Is it possible to edit the shortcuts in PS 7 (Win XP)? At home I use CS (Mac) and have done this in the Edit pull-down. I do not see this option in PS 7 in XP.

Also, there does not seem to be a shortcut for Crop (Image|Crop). Does this exist in PS 7 XP? I am aware that if the answer to question 1 is yes, Q2 will be obsolete as I would assign one the keystroke myself.

Please help clarify this.

Thank you.

Ira

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
May 4, 2005
Is it possible to edit the shortcuts in PS 7 (Win XP)?

nope. but you can record actions that do specific things from the menus. the ability to modify shortcuts appeared in photoshop CS.

not sure about the crop shortcut
I
irabronson
May 5, 2005
Thanks.

Anyone else know about the Crop shortcut or any other shortcuts for basic functions?
TM
Trevor_Morris
May 5, 2005
As Dave said, use the Insert Menu Item command in the Actions palette menu to add the Crop command to a new Action and then assign it a keyboard shortcut. Alternatively (though less convenient), memorize the accelerator key (Alt+I, P).

For a complete set of keyboard-enabled actions for commonly used commands, check out this page:

Extended HotKeys (Action Set)
<http://user.fundy.net/morris/photoshop02.shtml>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections