Unable to delete images edited with PS in same winXp Session.

N
Posted By
Nic
Dec 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sometimes I’m unable to delete images wich I edited in Photoshop. Even if I close Photoshop. I have to restart windows.

When trying to delete the file I get following error mesage: Error Deleting File or Folder.
Cannot delete <image file name>: It is being used by another person or program.
Close any programs that might be using the file and try again.

There is no other person loged-in or program running. It must be a windows process.
Is this a general windows problem and can it be solved.

Thanks in advance,

Nic

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WS
Warren Sarle
Dec 16, 2003
"Nic" wrote in message
Sometimes I’m unable to delete images wich I edited in Photoshop. Even if I close Photoshop. I have to restart windows.

What works for me:

Prevention – never have Photoshop and Windows Explorer open the same directory at the same time.

Cure – rename psicon.dll and reboot. You should then have no trouble deleting files, but Windows Exploder will not display thumbnails or special icons for them. In a standard Windows install, psicon.dll is in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Shell\psicon.dll
J
john
Dec 16, 2003
In article <o1sDb.125755$>, "Warren
Sarle" wrote:

"Nic" wrote in message

What works for me:

Prevention – never have Photoshop and Windows Explorer open the same directory at the same time.

Cure – rename psicon.dll and reboot.

Warren, all I have to do is log off and on again. No reboot. Different problem?
WS
Warren Sarle
Dec 16, 2003
"jjs" wrote in message
In article <o1sDb.125755$>, "Warren
Sarle" wrote:

"Nic" wrote in message

What works for me:

Cure – rename psicon.dll and reboot.

Warren, all I have to do is log off and on again. No reboot. Different
problem?

I haven’t experimented much with logging off and on. I tend to reboot out of habit whenever Windows starts acting up. The file-in-use problem comes in several different severities, but whether they are different problems or different symptoms, I don’t know. The psicon.dll has worked for me every one of a dozen or so times I’ve tried it, whereas multiple reboots sometimes do not work, so if I’m deleting or moving many psd files, I may leave psicon.dll turned off for days at a time.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections