M
Posted By
micks
Sep 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
OK, so I just installed the jp2 plugins in both my PSE1 and browser. My favorite size for pics on my hard drive is 1650 X 1100. I was messing around with the jpg and jp2 formats, and decided that i’ll save my JPGs as 10, out of 12, and my JP2s as 90, out of 100. I was then looking to compare the 2 formats. It seemed to me that at the large end of file size, there isn’t any noticeable improvement going with JP2 over JPG. Does any of you have any bias regarding the JPG <==> JP2 format as applied to 1650 X 1100 pics(say 300K to 800K size)?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RC
Richard Coencas
Sep 24, 2003
JPEG 2000 has a couple of advantages over JPEG. It can be saved in a losless format, so problems with compression are solved and it can be set to support transparency. The big drawback is that it is not yet widely supported, and the standard is still evolving to some extent.

Rich

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections