Sharpening Plugins– No effect on "large" files.

SS
Posted By
Sy_Sez
Jul 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
SYS: Win XP, PS CS, 1.4GH Athlon, 750MB RAM, 5GB PS Scratch on seperate partition:

I’ve had a problem with two sharpening plugins (UltraSharpen PRO which works from the "Automate" folder/Interface, and Simple Sharpen which is in the Plugins folder, & is accessed from the filters menu, as follows:

Both programs, even with their effects set to max, appear to execute properly from their respective interfaces, but do not apply the effect to the image— That is on files of 18-26MB. If I reduce the file to a lower resolution (1-5MB)they work OK.

I also have NIK Sharpener PRO (Also in the Plugins folder, and accessed via the Filters Menu) and it works just fine on files of 25MB and beyond, as does PS’s Unsharp Mask.

The Plugin vendors tell me they’ve never had any customers experiencing this problem, and are as mystified as I am.

I reinstalled PS, but no positive results— I wondered if anyone on the forum has had a similar problem, and found a solution they’d care to share

Regards—Leigh

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 2, 2004
My guess: you’re just not perceiving the change?

The lower the rez of the image, the more the same degree of sharpening affects it.

Looking at your higher rez images @ 100% size?
Click undo/redo, see if you don’t see the diff.

M

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections