J
Posted By
john454
May 28, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a multilayer psd file that I’m working on. Lets say that the image is the head, neck and body of a person.

I want to delete the neck so that the top of the image (head) is now next to the bottom (body) of the image.

I did try and flatten the image, then use the rectangular marquee tool to select the neck and pressed delete on the keyboard, hoping that the top of the image (head) would collapse onto the bottom of the image (body).

Of course, it didn’t. Is there any way to easily remove the middle of an image and have the top of the image collapse down onto the bottom of the image?

Thank you

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GW
Graham Waiffers
May 28, 2008
john454 wrote:
I have a multilayer psd file that I’m working on. Lets say that the image is the head, neck and body of a person.

I want to delete the neck so that the top of the image (head) is now next to the bottom (body) of the image.

I did try and flatten the image, then use the rectangular marquee tool to select the neck and pressed delete on the keyboard, hoping that the top of the image (head) would collapse onto the bottom of the image (body).

Of course, it didn’t. Is there any way to easily remove the middle of an image and have the top of the image collapse down onto the bottom of the image?

Thank you

The computer and the software cannot interpret your desired final image alignment without some input from you. This is not like expanding the paths of a vector image, or combining different shapes into one.

You need to remove the head and neck from the body, then remove the neck from the head and then stick the head on the shoulders. It’s a three step process, not one.

Graham Waiffers

The poster formerly known as Roger Thaat, Watson deMeneux or Jack Skwaht.
T
Tacit
May 28, 2008
In article
john454 wrote:

What you do is turn off the layer that has the neck, then use the Move tool to move the layer that has the head.

Photography, kink, polyamory, shareware, and more: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
D
Dave
May 28, 2008
On Tue, 27 May 2008 22:01:29 -0400, tacit wrote:

In article
john454 wrote:

What you do is turn off the layer that has the neck, then use the Move tool to move the layer that has the head.

or even simply click next to the neck layer in order to make it ‘not visible’ and then merge visible layers.
This of course is, if my understanding that the each part is on different layers, is correct. Then it is a piece of cake.
K
KatWoman
May 29, 2008
"john454" wrote in message

Thank you

no, thank you
I think that was one of the funniest posts we have got on this NG
M
Mike
May 30, 2008
On Tue, 27 May 2008 18:00:42 -0700, john454 wrote
(in article
):

How are you going to tell the computer to do that for you? What process are you going to use to communicate to the software and the hardware that you want that done?

Come on… use your brain.

You will have to do that by hand… there is no software that can do that on it’s own. Stop living in a dream world.

Mike

Site at: http://www.artistmike.com
=========================================================

Certificate Design at: http://www.artistmike.com/CertificateDesigns/1.html

Logos at: http://www.artistmike.com/NewLogos2002/Logos2002.08a.html

AdSense PodCast at: http://www.artistmike.com/AdSensePodCast/1.html

=========================================================

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections