How to delete a foreground image while keeping the photo intact…

AB
Posted By
Alyssa_Blittersdorf
Jan 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just want to say that I am VERY new at this and have tried using the book to figure out how to do this, but became very confused…can anyone help me?
I have a photo that I’d like to delete a person out of and still keep the photo looking like it was just taken…possible? and how…Thank you for anyone’s help!
-Alyssa

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DG
Dion_Geaney
Jan 9, 2004
You need to use the ‘remove clothing’ filter but bump the levels up to 11 (thats one louder) and it will take out the whole person.
RH
r_harvey
Jan 9, 2004
Watch carefully, because at setting 10, it leaves their shoes.
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 9, 2004
alyssa, you’ll want to use the clone tool. copy (clone) some of the background image over the person you want to remove. depending on the rest of the image, it may or may not be possible with any degree of belivibility.

dave
RH
r_harvey
Jan 9, 2004
Especially if the shoes are really big.
M
mistermonday
Jan 9, 2004
Alyssa, As Dave points out, you can use the clone tool. You can also use the Patch tools or many other tools / techniques depending on what the rest of the image looks like, it may be very easy or very difficult. If you have a way of posting a low res copy of your image in the web space provided by your internet service provider and if you pyt a link to it here, I am sure many people will offer you some suggestions and opinions.
Rgds, MM
JS
John_Slate
Jan 9, 2004
Think about what imagery would have to appear in place of the offending individual, and then figure how you can create it.

If the person is standing in front of somebody else, covering up a lot of the other person, think how hard it would be to recreate the occluded parts of person #2.

Suffice it to say there is no single answer to your question. Many tools/approaches may work. Copy, paste, clone, airbrush… and the list goes on.
PC
Philo_Calhoun
Jan 9, 2004
The reason the list goes on is that PS has no way of knowing what is/should be behind the person, so you need to fake it.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections