K
Posted By
Kugar13
Jun 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I read in my Adobe Photoshop book that you should always make copies of pics before you alter them, in case you do something to alter the pic perminantely. So I did that. I’ve been working on various posters, postcards, dvd covers, dvd inserts, and the like for a film project. Every single project has a file copy containing 100+ pics to be used for each project. I have about 30+ projects that has a pic file for each. I’ve noticed none of the pics have been altered thus far. If I deleted the source file (the copies of the pics) would that remove the pic from my project? If not, I have a couple thousand pics that are taking up space on my comp.

Thanks!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 6, 2007
No. The idea is that if you make changes in your image that you don’t like, and you don’t have the original to go back to, you are in deep doo-doo. If you don’t need that original source material you can dump it.

I tend to archive things on disk JUST IN CASE. Then clogging your Hared drive is not an issue.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 6, 2007
agreed. save the source images to dvd if you want to clear them off. the one(s) you delete without backup will sure as sam hill be the one(s) you NEEEEEEEED later on!
K
Kugar13
Jun 7, 2007
Thanks guys. I guess I forgot to mention they are all the same 100 pics in 30 different folders. I thought I needed a pic per project. So, I assume I can delete 29 of the 30 folders and keep one or two folders as a backup.

Thanks again!
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 7, 2007
you just need to keep the ORIGINAL of each pic you take.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections