KP
Posted By
karen_parry
Apr 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I created a duotone in PS CS (colors 3005C & 222C). When I place the PSD file into ID CS the color changes a lot. (My color settings are set the same in both apps, and I use a calibrated Artisan monitor.) I understand that spot colors might not be able to reproduce on screen (out of gamut) but I would think that both programs would have the same problem. I have read a few threads on the ID forum and if I understand correctly PS and ID use different spaces to display. In the FAQs section in this (PS) forum I found:

A: …Photoshop uses your monitor profile to display your images other apps don’t….

(But it’s dated 2000, and I’m not sure if this is still relevant with the CS apps.)

In any case, I guess I’m looking for a definitive answer – I would like to know which version of color of this duotone I should trust – what I see in PS or what I see in ID?

And also, for those expecienced in duotones – how closely does screen output look like the printed piece (eg. can it be close, is it guesswork, do you do it by numbers only, does it depend on the colors used)?

Thanks to anyone who can help out here.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Apr 11, 2004
Trust photoshop.
A
android
Apr 12, 2004
"Trust Photoshop. "

Bumper sticker anyone?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections