B
Posted By
bbratten
Sep 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Each time I load PE2, I am asked my registration choice (online, print, or ‘do not remind’). This is followed by a prompt re: Adobe Online. No matter what option I check (and I have registered the product online), this registration prompt and Adobe Online box appear each time I load the product. I can fully use the program, it is just an annoying hassle to get through these two boxes each time I load it. I have unistalled and reinstalled several times, and deleted the registration keys and other files, but it still gives me this problem. Has anyone run into this or been able to solve it?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Sep 13, 2003
Try this first: Go to Edit>Preferences>Adobe Online, and make sure it’s set to "Never" automatically check for updates. You won’t miss anything, and it might – I repeat, might – solve your problem. If not, post back and let us know. As a matter of fact, post back even if it works! Too often we make suggestions and never know if they were helpful. Thanks, and good luck!
B
bbratten
Sep 13, 2003
It is set to never. Thanks for the suggestion, but no dice.
P
Phosphor
Sep 13, 2003
Hmmm. I’m sorry the suggestion was worthless, but thanks for letting us know. OK – so, when you uninstalled and reinstalled, did you get the Elements Preference folder dumped along with the other stragglers you found?

I’m sorry to tell you this, but this is the first time I remember this particular problem coming up. 🙂
MH
Mark Hiers
Sep 14, 2003
What OS? are you a user with admin rights?
B
bbratten
Sep 14, 2003
I’m not sure where the Elements Preference folder is, but I did erase all "Photoshop Elements" subfolders, etc.
I have XP home, and yes, admin rights.
I’m sure there’s some file or some registry key I need to delete or reset, I just don’t know what/where. I appreciate your help.
B
bbratten
Sep 14, 2003
After deleting the directory, "\program files\common files\adobe\" and subdirectories, it worked and I no longer get the prompt. FYI. I thing I missed that directory upon my first uninstallation/reinstallation.
DR
Daniel_Rich
Jan 10, 2004
Interesting! I just posted the same thing and I hadn’t seen your post. I too have this problem! I too am running XP home. You might want to read my post, but I have no solution to the problem!

Daniel

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections