BV
Posted By
Barbara_Vaughan
Jul 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am unable to register my newly purchased Photoshop Elements. It seems that I already have my email address registered with Adobe, but it mistakenly believes I live in the US, even though it correctly has my Italian email address. I don’t know how this happened, maybe some mistake on my part when I downloaded the trial version.

I can’t register the product with the current address setting, because I can’t fill in the required fields, such as zip code. I can’t re-register, because my email address is already registered. I can’t call the help line, because it’s a US toll-free number, which isn’t recognized internationally.

I logged in and tried to correct the mistaken country of residence, but I can’t even do that. The one it thing it will not allow you to change is the country of residence. Has Adobe ever heard of emigration?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DH
Dave Hamer
Jul 5, 2004
Here is the Adobe contact information for Italy:

Adobe Systems Italia Srl.
Viale Colleoni
5 centro direzionale
Palazzo Taurus A3
20041 Agrate Brianza
Milano
Italy

Tel: + 39 039 65501
Fax: + 39 039 655050

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Dave Hamer
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.716 / Virus Database: 472 – Release Date: 7/5/2004
LK
Leen_Koper
Jul 5, 2004
Why bother?
I even don’t remember wether I registered my copy; my computer in theh studio isn’t connected to the internet, so probably I didnot or at least I don’t remember. I do know however I paid for it.

Leen
JD
Juergen_D
Jul 5, 2004
You could set up one of those free e-mail accounts (e.g. Yahoo, Netscape). Also, here are European support telephone numbers:
http://www.adobe.com/support/phonenumbers/europe.html

Juergen
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jul 5, 2004
post removed by me
BV
Barbara_Vaughan
Jul 5, 2004
Unless you register, you can’t use any of their support services.
BH
Beth_Haney
Jul 5, 2004
Well, you can use the forum whether you register or not, and we’re much more valuable than Adobe tech support. We’re free, too. 🙂
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jul 5, 2004
Beth, we’re free, but we’re not cheap! (or something like that….)

🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections