BS
Posted By
Brian S Oliver
Sep 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I actually posted here before several months ago and got a good solution but I can’t remember it or find the old post.

Someone here gave instructions on how to reset the entire Photoshop Elements program at the startup portion before the program loads (it was some combination like Shift+Alt or whatever). Does anyone know?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

GD
Grant Dixon
Sep 8, 2003
Brian

Alt+Control+Shift at start up

Grant
K
kahndav
Sep 8, 2003
By reset, do you mean something like how to get the cursor off the last tool or brush used, and back to a neutral arrow?
P
Phosphor
Sep 8, 2003
No, David. The reset the first poster and Grant are referring to is a reset of the entire Preference folder for Elements if some of the functions become corrupted.

Your question – getting the cursor off the last tool – is different. The only way to do that is to change to a different tool. There’s another recent thread in which several of us admit to being "marquee parkers" – meaning that we generally go back to the Marquee tool. Others prefer the little hand. The rule of thumb is to pick another tool that won’t do any damage if you click it accidentally. 🙂
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 8, 2003
Others prefer the little hand

now why did this make me start laughing…the little hand….i need rest i think

Hi Beth 😉

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections