D
Posted By
deebs
Apr 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Forgive me if I am even more wrong but I thought there were ways to capture from the graphics engine rather than the screen output?

Therefore optimising vectors while pixels are captured as is.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Apr 20, 2005
I could possibly see that happening in OS X, where the display is rendered through Quartz as PDF.(ummm…somthing like that, anyway)

Windows has nothing like that at this point.

The sticking point is that the UI resources for applications are always defined as raster, so maintaining or grabbing vector graphics (outside of text) from anywhere in the chain is a moot point.

Now, if there was something like SVG or Flash application interfaces that are rendered to screen on-the-fly, that might be a different story.
RW
Rene_Walling
Apr 20, 2005
To the OP:

Have you tried sampling up with nearest neighbour rather than bicubic resampling

Best results are obtained with even resmplaes (200%, 300% and so on)

Well, umm, not unless you talk about vector display videogames like Tempest and Lunar Lander

Different kind of vector altogether…I do miss those games, thanks for the link

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections