J
Posted By
Jerry
Dec 22, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am relatively new to Photoshop CS3. I was wanting to soften a small area in a photo. In Paint Shop Pro there is a softening effects brush in the Touchup Tools. I was wondering if PS has anything similar or how this effect can be accomplished.

Thank You.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

K
KatWoman
Dec 22, 2007
"Jerry" wrote in message
I am relatively new to Photoshop CS3. I was wanting to soften a small area in a photo. In Paint Shop Pro there is a softening effects brush in the Touchup Tools. I was wondering if PS has anything similar or how this effect can be accomplished.

Thank You.

blur tool??
looks like raindrop

or make edges softer?
feather the selection
P
Peter
Dec 23, 2007
"Jerry" wrote in message

Thank You.

select the area to be softened, put in on a new layer then use the Gaussian blur filter.
If you overdo it, adjust layer transparency

Peter
J
Jerry
Dec 23, 2007
Using the Gaussian blur on one pixel or even 10 pixels is very hard to do if several are needed.

"Peter" wrote in message
"Jerry" wrote in message

Thank You.

select the area to be softened, put in on a new layer then use the Gaussian blur filter.
If you overdo it, adjust layer transparency

Peter
P
Peter
Dec 24, 2007
"Jerry" wrote in message
Using the Gaussian blur on one pixel or even 10 pixels is very hard to do if several are needed.

?? I do it regularly on my photos. What do you mean by hard?

Peter
J
Jerry
Dec 24, 2007
I guess time consuming would be a better description. I supposed I was just spoiled with the softening brush in PSP. It took no selections, no extra layers, just a touch of the mouse and it was done. OH well onward and upward.

"Peter" wrote in message
"Jerry" wrote in message

?? I do it regularly on my photos. What do you mean by hard?

Peter
J
Jerry
Dec 26, 2007
Just for information, I found an excellent filter that does softening and much more. It is called Power Retouche Pro and you can look at the details here.
http://powerretouche.com/

"Jerry" wrote in message

Thank You.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections