EF
Posted By
Edward Fritzen
Sep 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been reading this forum for some time now and have benefited greatly from the expertise offered here. I’ve also read a number of books on PE 2, but I’m still far from an expert. I was wondering what everyone’s thoughts are about color management within PE 2. Some books recommend using no color management in PE 2. Scott Kelby’s new book "Photshop Elements for Digital Photographers" recommends turning color management on before attempting any color corrections. Am I right in thinking that color management is a purely personal choice? I’ve always been satisfied with prints and have no color management within PE 2. I’d be interested in whatever works for the rest of you. For your information I use a Mac running OS X 10.2.6 and print with an Epson SP 890. I also searhced this forum for color mangaement and found 200 posts, leading me to believe this could be a really touchy subject.
Thanks!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 3, 2003
I leave color management off. Not a touchy subject for me. I just find i get better prints without it. Yes it does depend on the individual and whatever works best for them and the equipment they use. I’ve done enough test prints to know to leave it off.
KL
Kenneth Liffmann
Sep 3, 2003
Ed,
I leave color management off, so as not to be constrained. I adjust the output manually and find curves most useful. The type of paper is a major variable for me. Currently I use a Lexmark printer and have found Epson paper to work just fine. In other words, I think that at the end of the day there is a lot of empiricism here.
Ken
☺
BB
brent bertram
Sep 3, 2003
I have full color management turned on . I also, however, have Monaco EZcolor to profile various papers , and find that I generally get excellent results. A caveat , though, is that color management only works when all the devices involved are profiled , and the drivers are conducive to color management. I very deliberately have stuck with Epson scanners and printers for this reason.

🙂

Brent
CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 3, 2003
Ken, re ’empiricism’…..that anything like ‘trial-and-error’??

🙂

Chuck
KL
Kenneth Liffmann
Sep 3, 2003
Chuck,
You’ve got it.
Ken

PS Where did you get the nice emoticoms?
CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 3, 2003
Ken, the emoticons must be courtesy of the forum; I’m typing them ‘long-hand’ on the Newsgroup!

😉

Chuck

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections