J
Posted By
Joe
Nov 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m guessing this topic has been beat to death. I tried reading as many threads as I could but trying to find an answer is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I’ve documented the situation I’m working with placed it here: http://members.aol.com/jjtohio/color_management_confusion.ht m. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable then me (i.e. everyone) can read this, and assuming they have the time, zero in rather quickly on what I’m doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help !

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JL
Jim Lloyd
Nov 27, 2004
Joe,

I too am waiting for somebody "in the know" to answer this for you (and ME).

Looking at the steps you took, I would think that setting the Windows color configuration to your JoeProfile would allow you to remove the Adobe gamma loader from the startup menu. Windows will now load this profile on boot-up. ….of course I could be wrong about this, I have no more knowledge on this subject than you do, but to me it sounds logical.

If you can, I would suggest that you go to Adobe.com and enter the user forums. The adobe.photoshop.elements forum is where ALL the knowledgeable people hang out. At one time, the newsgroup you posted this message to would mirror the Adobe user group, but that is no longer true. Be advised that you can still read and post to the Adobe user group through your newsreader by adding the news server adobeforums.com. This will give your newsreader access to the Adobe User Forums. However, you can NOT POST anything until you have created a user profile in the web based user forums (free).

Again, I would strongly recommend that you post your question there. You are sure to receive numerous friendly answers. Folks there are just looking for people to help. Unfortunately, THIS newsgroup has lost most of it’s knowledgeable folks to the "official" Adobe user forum.
K
KnockKnock
Nov 27, 2004
I am also confused about color management but have found that using sRGB profiles for my camera (Canon 10D), monitor (Dell P991), PhotoShop Elements 2, and printer (Canon i960) yields a very closely matched picture with about the only variation due to using different papers for which I adjust the printer saturation to compensate for. I use either Kodak Premium or Ilford Pro (both high glossy) and adjust the printer saturation accordingly since the Kodak Premium is whiter than the Ilford (but also more expensive).

"Joe" wrote in message
I’m guessing this topic has been beat to death. I tried reading as many threads as I could but trying to find an answer is like looking for a
needle
in a haystack. I’ve documented the situation I’m working with placed it here: http://members.aol.com/jjtohio/color_management_confusion.ht m. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable then me (i.e. everyone) can read
this,
and assuming they have the time, zero in rather quickly on what I’m doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help !

J
Joe
Dec 9, 2004
Thanks for your answers. This is a huge topic to digest (and I’m still digesting !). But it’s starting to make a little sense.
M
Markeau
Dec 10, 2004
Have you seen this (large) pdf doc? I has some interesting info abt how to set some of the CM options:
http://www.qualiteitems.com/canon.pdf

"Joe" wrote in message
I’m guessing this topic has been beat to death. I tried reading as many
threads as I could but trying to find an answer is like looking for a needle
in a haystack. I’ve documented the situation I’m working with placed it
here: http://members.aol.com/jjtohio/color_management_confusion.ht m. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable then me (i.e. everyone) can read this,
and assuming they have the time, zero in rather quickly on what I’m doing
wrong.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections