JC
Posted By
Janet_CC
Aug 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am preparing a catalog for my home business. A photographer took pictures of my products which I opened in Phototshop to remove the background to replace with a different background. I then placed the files in InDesign. The file looks great on my monitor but is printing out with a pink look on my color laser jet printer. The photographer says that based on the print out on the color laser jet printer, I’m not using the “embedded color profile”. When my catalog files get to the printer will this still be a problem or should I not worry that the professionally printed catalog will have the same pink look as the color laserjet print out.

By the way, thank you to all who responded to my last question. I’m still getting the feel of how this forum works. I really appreciate all the help I get here!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AR
Andrew Rodney
Aug 11, 2004
Are you using an output ICC profile for the printer?
PA
Paul_Atkins
Aug 11, 2004
For Colour management to work effectively, you need a source, working, and destination profile. Some inkjet printers work reasonably well with out a destination profile set up, but many digital cameras require their profile to be converted to a good working space profile such as Colour Match or Adobe RGB 1998, you will find the printers much more manageable when you send to them from a solid working space.

So get your camera files, convert from the profile your photographer has embedded (which hopefully he has considering his statement to you), to a good woking space (set it up using <edit-colour settings>, or with Mac OSX <photoshop menu-colour settings>, then send the file to you printer.

It may be a problem with your printer driver set up, most printers have a ridiculour amount or features that can really stuff up a print, it also may be a problem with your printer itself, as they are notoriously hard to keep colour managed and consistent.

If you want consistency, use a lab with ICC profiled consistent printers, you will find their cost for an A4 not much different from an inkjet using proper inks and paper.

Good Luck!

Paul
R
Ram
Aug 11, 2004
To add to Paul’s thorough post, you have to start by calibrating your monitor and creating an accurate profile for it.

<http://www.gballard.net/nca.html>
JC
Janet_CC
Aug 11, 2004
Thank you VERY MUCH for the quick GREAT answers!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections