RC
Posted By
Richard Coencas
Aug 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Draw a circle with the elliptical marquee (holding down shift will constrain it to a circle). then use the gradient tool inside the selection. You have the option of switching to a radial gradient on the options bar. If you need help drawing from or to the midpoint of the circle try turning on the grid.

Rich

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PR
P Robertson
Aug 29, 2003
Thanks guys. I think Pete’s Ctrl-Click is the missing step I need – already have the circle but didn’t know how to select just the circle.

But I thought Rich’s procedure is what I had done…

We’ll see if this does it.
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 29, 2003
for added control with gradients; use elliptical marquee with ‘shift’ key held down to create a circle…go to toolbar>layer>new fill layer>gradient. Options there for blend mode and then options afterwards for style and angle of gradient. You can double click on this layer in the palette afterwards if you change your mind to bring back the gradient chart and options. Adjustment layers also serve as masks…keyboard ‘D’ for black and white…black removes mask, white adds mask.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections