Jul 31, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello Everybody

the problem:
(in photoshop cs2 english)

Gradient Picker pop-up menu and window, became partly invisible and is totally unusable because it can’t display the gradients in it.

(But the Gradient Editor window works very well.)

So we have this situation: we press the letter "g" to switch to the Gradient tool. Than we click on the down-facing triangle to the right of the gradient thubnail. The gradient picker pop-up menu should apear.

Pressing enter when gradient tool is selected will bring anywhere on the screen that pop-up menu also… that in my case remained now only a grey horisontal line coresponding exactly to the up border of the former gradient picker.

how did that happened?
When I was working yeterday with the gradient picker, for a very childish reason I just keeped pressing enter. That was funny becasue the gradient picker was clipping, apearing and desapearing very shortly. I was playing following a tiny litle-litle insect that was on my monitor….:) I was holding pressed enter…maybe 10 to 15 seconds,,..when suddenly I see my cliping gradient picker becoming half of it…and very shortly became only this grey line I have now. …well, the insect kinda won..:)

Now I want my gradient picker back the way it was designed to be. It looks very weird now, like data was lost from the actual programing and erased, and this situation can’t be undone. I doubt about this:) Well, I would really apreciate your help to make it right. I tried everything: from reinstaling mac os, photoshop, redo settings as they were. Nothing works.

Thanks,
Alex

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BG
barry_gray
Jul 31, 2006
Try reset tool, that’s on the top options bar far left, drop menu, triangle upper right. If that doesn’t work trash preferences.
A
AlexG1
Aug 1, 2006
reset tool worked!!!!! (after restarting photoshop)

Thanks Barry

Alex

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections