R
Posted By
rbaulbin
Dec 1, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to recreate a texturized color look that I’ve seen around… An example of one is the logo on the following link:

http://photoshoptutorials.ws/photoshop-tutorials/

The blue area underneath the text "Photoshop Tutorials" … I don’t know what it’s called… but it’s not a linear gradient, and I don’t believe it’s radial… I’ve seen it more than once, so I’m sure it has a name(?) Anyone know what it’s called, and how to make it?

Thanks

RB

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
rbaulbin
Dec 1, 2008
On Nov 30, 10:29 pm, wrote:
I’m trying to recreate a texturized color look that I’ve seen around…  An example of one is the logo on the following link:

The blue area underneath the text "Photoshop Tutorials" …  I don’t know what it’s called…  but it’s not a linear gradient, and I don’t believe it’s radial…  I’ve seen it more than once, so I’m sure it has a name(?)  Anyone know what it’s called, and how to make it?
Thanks

RB

I figured out it actually is just a gradient… a radial one, that when chopped into a rectangle, it has a less "predictable" effect.
D
Dave
Dec 1, 2008
On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 20:01:03 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I figured out it actually is just a gradient… a radial one, that when chopped into a rectangle, it has a less "predictable" effect.

You figured it out. You are so clever.
Now, switch off and leave everything the way it was
before your mom see you at her computer.
K
KatWoman
Dec 1, 2008
wrote in message
On Nov 30, 10:29 pm, wrote:
I’m trying to recreate a texturized color look that I’ve seen around… An example of one is the logo on the following link:

The blue area underneath the text "Photoshop Tutorials" … I don’t know what it’s called… but it’s not a linear gradient, and I don’t believe it’s radial… I’ve seen it more than once, so I’m sure it has a name(?) Anyone know what it’s called, and how to make it?
Thanks

RB

that may be a way to get it but not the easiest direct one

a linear gradient is what you want dragged from corner to corner

to edit the gradient from the default
click the gradient on the tool bar above
then change it to your liking by clicking the little tabs under the bar and sliders
infinite choices

in this case you can use the two shades of blue
R
ronviers
Dec 7, 2008
On Nov 30, 10:01 pm, wrote:

I was playing around with this and found a more complicated but very flexible way of going about it.

Make a new empty layer.
Double click the layer to bring up Styles.
Blending Options:
Advanced Blending
Check the ‘Blend Interior Effects as Group’
Uncheck the ‘Transparency Shapes Layer’
Still in the styles dialog – Add a ‘Gradient Overlay’ – and configure it.

Now, anywhere on that layer make a selection and fill it with any color. (The color will not matter because it will not show) Each time you make and fill a selection, it will use the style’s gradient. The advantage of doing it this way is that non-contiguous objects across the page can share the same the gradient.
If you create any text, you can copy then paste this style to the text layer.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections