BF
Posted By
Bert Feiner
Aug 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I purchased a DVD/VCR unit which allows me to project JPEG images from a CD that I have burned. These images, which are excellent when viewed on my 19 in. PC Monitor are not sharp nor clear when viewed on my 35 in. TV.

Appreciate Your HELP

Equipment Used :
1. Photoshop Elements 2
2. Olympus Digital Camera D-490 Zoom 2.3 Megapixels
3.Windows XP (home edition )

2. Olympus Digital Camera
D-490 Zoom
2.3 Megapixels
3. Windows XP home edition

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JA
JoAnn Amerson
Aug 23, 2003
Yout TV’s resolution is HUGE. Images will NOT be as clear on TV as they are on your computer. I probably have a crisper image on my Handspring Visor.

Sorry – I know that’s not what you wanted to hear.
JM
Jurgen Mayer
Aug 23, 2003
Bert,

Please look in the
Photoshop Elements vs. Photoshop Album
listing.
It is the software, not the hardware. And your TV resolution is lower than the one of your PC monitor.

Jurgen
B
Bernie
Aug 23, 2003
Most of my main income over the last, oh, too many year, is doing TV repair. A very common complaint is, Picture looks great on my little TV (13"/19") but crummy on my new 35".
They think it is the TV, in most cases it is the signal, it is just that the imperfections in the picture aren’t noticeable on the small screen, but blow it up, and every imperfection comes running at you.

Ralph
<http://www.darkstar.us>
VB
Vicky Bilaniuk
Aug 23, 2003
Get some software that will convert your images to something that will look better on TV. iLife does a pretty good job, but they don’t want to release that for Windows, unfortunately. Try to find something similar.
B
BobHill
Aug 23, 2003
And to add to the previous posts, Bert, a computer monitor rasterizes differently than MOST TVs. It’s producing a digital signal, while a TV is raterizing an NTSC signal.

Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections