KB
Posted By
Kevin Buckner
Aug 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have two flat panel monitors on a P4 system running Win XP Pro and powered by a Matrox P650 video card. The P650 has two DVi outputs so both monitor is receiving independent signals.

The problem I’m having is evident with Photoshop 7 only and it is this; The Blending Tolls dialog does not appear on either screen; although it is definitely active because I cannot do anything else without pressing Esc to dismiss it.

PS7 worked fine with one monitor and I have had it working fine with two older flat panels. Since upgrading to new 19" flat panels and the P650 video card, I can’t get the Blending tools dialog to appear with two monitors, and not even by disabling one of teh monitors.

In case it’s relevant, since upgrading to PS7 I am getting an error ‘Missing EToolbox.dll’.

Any thoughts or help gratefully received as I really don’t want to go back to PS6.

Best regards,
Kevin

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 1, 2003
Kevin,

Best advice I can give is: reinstall PS to get the ETToolbox.dll back. Then reset your preferences per the procedure in the FAQ’s. Also check the faq for "Dialog Box Missing?".

Peace,
Tony
DP
Daryl Pritchard
Aug 1, 2003
Kevin,

EToolbox.dll is an Extensis library file. Presumably you use one or more of the Extensis plug-ins? I’d not expect that to be the source of your problem but would nonetheless suggest doing whatever is needed to eliminate obvious problem messages first, so as to feel more reassured that things are operating normally. Then, if a problem such as this one with the blending tools dialog is still apparent, start exploring other causes.

Now that I think of it though, what is the Blending Tools dialog? Are you referring to the blending options such as dissolve, normal, etc.?

Video card drivers have seemed to cause some rather bizarre Photoshop problems over the years, so I’d not rule out the G650 driver being a problem. However, I’d suggest that you configure to a single monitor display mode, then reset your preferences in Photoshop as well as perform a reset of the palettes to their default location. See if that helps any. If the problem clears up, then try configuring for a dual-head setup and see if it works properly.

Regards,

Daryl

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections