AM
Posted By
Al Millstein
Aug 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The new system, that is. From the time I click, it takes 5 to fifteen seconds to respond. I’m accustomed under the old format to get thru in one or two seconds.

Anyone else have this?

It also seems to require too much thinking about it.

Why can’t they let well enuf alone, the busybodies.

Al

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JH
Joe Henry1000
Aug 17, 2003
Al,

The new boards are indeed slow. I’m on a T1 line a work (don’t tell anyone :sheepish: ) and I’m getting about the same response time as you. Hopefully Adobe will address this by the time the update is totally done.

Joe
CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 17, 2003
Joe, I’ve been thinking all day that the speed thing has something to do with its being in test mode, with all kinds of software ‘traps’ in it to capture information on how it’s doing. Hopefully, that will turn out to be the case…

Chuck
P
Phosphor
Aug 17, 2003
And I’m glad to hear it’s not just me!! I’d spent hours on the phone with my ISP this last week because my DSL service was testing out at a speed just slightly less than what I would have gotten using a 33k modem! Right after they called to tell me they’d traced the problem to a bad connection in phone company equipment and had it repaired, this one went kaplooey. Talk about paranoid!
JC
Jane Carter
Aug 17, 2003
I couldn’t even get the forum to work on my Mac using Netscape, it just stopped and I had to keep reloading the page. Worked better using IE for a while.
I am on cable and it was so slow that I thought that I was dreaming that my phone modem had taken over.
I really rely on this forum, so I sure hope that by Monday everything is back to normal. Jane

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections