L
Posted By
lucky33
Oct 28, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can somebody please tell me where I need to go in Photoshop CS3 to make sure that the file is saved as non progressive.

All help is greatly appreciated

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
jaSPAMc
Oct 28, 2007
lucky33 found these unused words:

Can somebody please tell me where I need to go in Photoshop CS3 to make sure that the file is saved as non progressive.

IF you have the interlaced option for that format, it will show on the Save dialogue.
L
lucky33
Oct 28, 2007
On Oct 28, 12:34 pm, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

IF you have the interlaced option for that format, it will show on the Save dialogue.

I do not see anything when I go to save. Does that mean that I am SOL???? do you know of another program that I can use to save the files as non progressive?
T
Tacit
Oct 28, 2007
In article ,
lucky33 wrote:

I do not see anything when I go to save. Does that mean that I am SOL???? do you know of another program that I can use to save the files as non progressive?

Please describe what format the image is. Is it a TIFF? a PSD? a GIF? a JPEG? A TGA?

If you go to the Save As command, you can set whatever options you want.

Photography, kink, polyamory, shareware, and more: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
V
Voivod
Oct 28, 2007
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 14:33:54 -0400, tacit scribbled:

Please describe what format the image is. Is it a TIFF? a PSD? a GIF? a JPEG? A TGA?

And how many of those have ‘progressive’ in their save dialog… Try not to be such an ass. That’s my job.
J
jaSPAMc
Oct 29, 2007
Voivod found these unused words:

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 14:33:54 -0400, tacit scribbled:

And how many of those have ‘progressive’ in their save dialog… Try not to be such an ass. That’s my job.
…. and you do what you do do so well … <G>!
J
jaSPAMc
Oct 29, 2007

Probably as the chosen format doesn’t have a "non-progressive" mode!

FWIW, why are you ‘going backwards’?
K
KatWoman
Oct 29, 2007
"lucky33" wrote in message

IF you have the interlaced option for that format, it will show on the Save
dialogue.

no "save for web"??
J
jaSPAMc
Oct 30, 2007
"KatWoman" found these unused words:

dialogue.

no "save for web"??
Surely the formats that allow interlace would be the same in Save (As) as Save for Web? The format options shouldn’t change or is this another adobe ‘hidden benefit’?
K
KatWoman
Oct 30, 2007
"Sir F. A. Rien" wrote in message

dialogue.

no "save for web"??
Surely the formats that allow interlace would be the same in Save (As) as Save for Web? The format options shouldn’t change or is this another adobe ‘hidden benefit’?

I am still using CS
"save as" doesn’t have the same options as "save for web" which opens the image ready interface
J
jaSPAMc
Oct 31, 2007

"Sir F. A. Rien" wrote in message

dialogue.

no "save for web"??

I am still using CS
"save as" doesn’t have the same options as "save for web" which opens the image ready interface
But … -=file formats=- shouldn’t change, thus those that support interlace should be available whenever, wherever!

There may be ‘features’ in image ready, but -=if=- they are non standard in file creation, then they are useless.
M
macbook
Nov 2, 2007
On 2007-10-28 11:22:18 -0230, lucky33 said:

There are certain formats that allow a choice for progressive. it’s option is available when you save to that format "save as" or "save for web"

Cheers,
MacBook
V
Voivod
Nov 2, 2007
On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 12:30:13 -0230, macbook <privaty please> scribbled:

There are certain formats that allow a choice for progressive.

There’s one.
J
jaSPAMc
Nov 3, 2007
Voivod found these unused words:

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 12:30:13 -0230, macbook <privaty please> scribbled:

There are certain formats that allow a choice for progressive.

There’s one.

MORE than ‘one’ … plink!

..jpg has a ‘progressive option, GIF89 has an ‘interlaced’ (non progressive) option, .png also has interlace or progressive.

Do at least a modicum of investigatin before pontificating.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections