CC
Posted By
Conrad_Chavez
Mar 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ah, so that’s it! It’s not just the filename, but the path as well. This was driving me nuts because it stops an action that does bulk web conversions.

I happen to be using a non-English character in the name of the hard disk that starts the path leading to my web images, but didn’t suspect it until reading this thread. That’s because the error message doesn’t tell the user to look at the full pathname. So along with adding a dialog display preference and possibly changing the behavior, the error message needs to be clarified as well.

Until it’s fixed, here’s a workaround: Open Disk Utility, make a new disk image that’s large enough for the graphics you’re exporting, give it a name Photoshop won’t complain about, mount it before exporting, and export to that. Then move the exported files to where you really wanted them.

(I know that I can also eliminate the message by renaming my hard disk, but I’m not interested in finding out what other apps might lose track of paths as a result of renaming the disk. The hard disk name hasn’t caused any other problems that I know of.)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TO
the_Otter
Mar 8, 2004
Yes, it deals with the entire directory path, and no, you can’t currently get around it using actions. However, I have discovered that, for some reason, ImageReady includes a “Don ’t show this message again” checkbox, so if you save it from ImageReady (I know, it’s generally not worth the effort), you can turn that feature off.

Maybe we’ll see this checkbox in Photoshop CS 8.0.1?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections